Thursday, July 17, 2008

1995 Holmes


I built this bike last year using a few old parts I've had since the early 90's and some others I had laying around the garage. It's got a 1" threaded front end, one of the last of the old boys. When I found the frame in San Diego a few years back it was built up complete with Landing Gear forks, generic 3pc cranks, Castillo Bars and a bunch of crappy parts. I bought the whole thing for 100 bucks. First thing I did was strip all the parts off and sell the forks to get my 100 bucks back. The Pitchforks I used I've had since 94, along with the ti seatpost and top half of the Pozi Stop. This bike rules. She's fast and loose.


Frame: 95 S&M Holmes
Fork: Pitchfork I bought in 1994
Bars: Early S&M SlamBars
Stem: 1" shafted Redneck with Wedgie Jackson
Cranks: Redline Flights
Sprocket: Profile Ripsaw 44t
Pedals: GT Platform
Seatpost: Brand X titanium I bought at Orange Y in 1993
Seat: Black
Seatpost Clamp: Half of an Odyssey Pozi-Stop I've had since 1993
Grips: NOS ODI Longnecks
Brakes: 990's
Lever: Tech 77
Chain: kmc
Tires: rear Cheng Shin Comp III skinwall, front Cheng Shin knobby
Rims: Sun Ryno Lite
Hubs: Redline sealed
Freewheel: Shimano 16t
Padset: NOS canvas S&M










7 comments:

Tony Piff said...

fantastic.

i can't tell what's going on with the seat post clamp--is there some kind of tab that extends down the back of it?

Ryan Partridge said...

Yeah, it's an Odyssey Pozi-Stop for use with old Pitbull brakes. The tab would connect to a hanger that you'd run the brake cable through.

Tony Piff said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh of course. i do remember those. thanks!

BS said...

That Holmes is soooooooo sweet! I covet it!

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

Reminds me of the LAF frame,no?

henry said...

too close looking to my actual holmes...
where did you get the picture ?? lol

this bike rules and running since 1996 !!

DK said...

I had two of these in 95-97 that were so sweet.One of them was decked out with all the lightest parts and only weighed 24.5 lbs. That was pretty light for those days!