Monday, May 26, 2008

1994 Widowmaker




This is my 94 Widowmaker, it's my only bike I'm a total bitch over. I found the frame and fork in near perfect condition years back after what seamed like a lifelong hunt. At the time, there were only 4 or so known to me and the guys on the vintage forums, a few more have surfaced since. For the build I was super picky about what parts to use and how I thought it should look, so I ended up taking my time. I actually rode it brakeless and with newer Comp III tires for over a year before I finally tracked down the 901's and skinwalls. It's pretty much finished now though I may find better pedals someday. And some uncut Gay Bars would be nice. More detailed/clickable photos below. Dig it!

Frame: S&M Widowmaker Dee Snider Rock Legend Series(less than 100 made)
Fork: 24" S&M fork
Bars: S&M cruiser
Stem: 1" shafted Redneck with Wedgie Jackson I've had since 1994
Cranks: GT stamped Profiles
Sprocket: 1st gen Redline Flight 41t
Pedals: Roost cage
Brakes: MX 901 w/Scott Mathouser pads
Lever: Tech 77
Grips: NOS clear ODI Longnecks
Seat: old leather Selle Italia Turbo
Seatpost Clamp: DK
Chain: KMC
Freewheel: Shimano 16t (silent)
Rims: Sun
Hubs: Suzue sealed
Tires: NOS Tioga skinwall Comp III Rainbow label













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your Widow is sick! I am using the 901s on mine too and they work great.

Ryan Partridge said...

I know, I love my 901's!

DK said...

GT Power Series actually had a different shape although they were made by Profile. One of the coolest cranksets ever.

Anonymous said...

Can I buy it?